Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sacramento Realtor Association's Realtor of the Month!

Sharon Boatwright!




1. How long have you been a Member
of SAR?

Since 1996
2. What did you do before you were
in real estate?

I was employed by United Parcel
Service (UPS) for over 13 years and continue
to be a “Domestic Goddess.”

3. What do you like best about being
in real estate?

I have been a part of a team with
Yoli Manzo for over 13 years. I found it
helpful to come together as one for a
team concept. I also love the interaction
and relationships I have developed with
people from varied backgrounds and
cultures. Also, I enjoy knowing that I
am offering a service to help families’
dreams come true.

4. How have you adjusted to changing
market conditions in the past
couple years?

Education, education and more education.
I continually educate myself to
keep my skills sharp. I embrace change
and I stay ahead of the curve by education
through SAR and other industry
professionals. I love learning new and
exciting marketing ideas.

5. What have been some of your
favorite programs/committees/activities
at SAR?

Of course, SAR’s Leadership Academy.
I have also participated in CanTree,
Cultural Diversity Day, Master Club,
Lunch and Learns and SAR’s Real Estate
Finance Forum.

6. Why did you decide to join SAR’s
Leadership Academy?
I was highly encouraged by other SAR
Directors and past Leadership Academy
graduates to participate in this academy.
I have a new profound respect for
ALL benefits of SAR, leadership and staff.
The Leadership Academy has given me
an understanding of why we should
participate in our Association.

7. Technology has changed a great
deal in recent years – how have you
kept up-to-date?
Numerous classes provided through
SAR have allowed me to leverage
my time for clients and activities.
Technology has also allowed me to be
more efficient with my business and
use social media networking to conduct
business in today’s environment.

8. Words of wisdom for your fellow
real estate professionals?
“Maintain your HIGH Standards”

9. Hobbies or other activities?
I enjoy dates with my husband, Alex;
reading, movies, cooking, crafts, event
planning, spending time with my family
and activities with my church.

10. How long have you lived in
Sacramento?
Over 35 years

11. What are some of your favorite
places to visit?
Mexico, Hawaii and New York
12. What would you do if you weren’t
a real estate professional?
A profession that serves others...

13. What’s a good book you’ve read
recently?
“Getting to Happy” by Terry Mc Millian

14. What would people be surprised
to learn about you?
I was born and raised in Elmendorf,
Alaska. I have been married for over 26
years, raised two beautiful grown children
(Monniece and Alex). My husband and I
have also raised five foster children since
1990 and we own a catering company.

No comments: